Having good qualities in a greater degree than another; as, a better man; a better physician; a better house; a better air.
- Greater in excellence or higher in quality.
- More useful, suitable, or desirable: found a better way to go; a suit with a better fit than that one.
- More highly skilled or adept: I am better at math than English.
- Greater or larger: argued for the better part of an hour.
- More advantageous or favorable; improved: a better chance of success.
- Healthier or more fit than before: The patient is better today.
- In a more excellent way.
- To a greater extent or degree: better suited to the job; likes it better without sauce.
- To greater advantage; preferably: a deed better left undone. See Usage Notes at best, have, rather.
- More: It took me better than a year to recover.
- One that is greater in excellence or higher in quality.
- A superior, as in standing, competence, or intelligence. Usually used in the plural: to learn from one's betters.
- To make better; improve: trying to better conditions in the prison; bettered myself by changing jobs. See Synonyms at improve.
- To surpass or exceed.
- To become better.
- better off In a better or more prosperous condition: would be better off taking the train instead of driving; felt better off after the rise in stock prices.
- for the better Resulting in or aiming at an improvement: Her condition took a turn for the better.
- get To outdo or outwit; defeat.
- think better of To change one's mind about (a course of action) after reconsideration: I almost bought an expensive watch, but then I thought better of it.
- Variant of bettor.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കൂടുതല് മെച്ചപ്പെടുത്തുക - Kooduthal Mechappeduththuka | Kooduthal Mechappeduthuka ;ഗുണപ്പെടുത്തുക - Gunappeduththuka | Gunappeduthuka ;പൂര്വ്വാധികം മെച്ചപ്പെട്ടതായ - Poorvvaadhikam Mechappettathaaya | Poorvvadhikam Mechappettathaya ;നന്നാക്കുക - Nannaakkuka | Nannakkuka ;അഭിവൃദ്ധി വരുത്തുക - Abhivruddhi Varuththuka | Abhivrudhi Varuthuka ;ആരോഗ്യം പ്രാപിക്കുന്ന - Aarogyam Praapikkunna | arogyam Prapikkunna ;