A human being; -- opposed to beast.
- An adult male human.
- A human regardless of sex or age; a person.
- A human or an adult male human belonging to a specific occupation, group, nationality, or other category. Often used in combination: a milkman; a congressman; a freeman.
- The human race; mankind: man's quest for peace.
- Zoology A member of the genus Homo, family Hominidae, order Primates, class Mammalia, characterized by erect posture and an opposable thumb, especially a member of the only extant species, Homo sapiens, distinguished by a highly developed brain, the capacity for abstract reasoning, and the ability to communicate by means of organized speech and record information in a variety of symbolic systems.
- A male human endowed with qualities, such as strength, considered characteristic of manhood.
- Informal A husband.
- Informal A male lover or sweetheart.
- Enlisted personnel of the armed forces: officers and men.
- A male representative, as of a country or company: our man in Tokyo.
- A male servant or subordinate.
- Informal Used as a familiar form of address for a man: See here, my good man!
- One who swore allegiance to a lord in the Middle Ages; a vassal.
- Games Any of the pieces used in a board game, such as chess or checkers.
- Nautical A ship. Often used in combination: a merchantman; a man-of-war.
- Slang A person or group felt to be in a position of power or authority. Used with the: "Their writing mainly concerns the street life—the pimp, the junky, the forces of drug addiction, exploitation at the hands of 'the man'” ( Black World).
- To supply with men, as for defense or service: man a ship.
- To take stations at, as to defend or operate: manned the guns.
- To fortify or brace: manned himself for the battle ahead.
- Used as an expletive to indicate intense feeling: Man! That was close.
- as one man In complete agreement; unanimously.
- as one man With no exception: They objected as one man.
- one's own man Independent in judgment and action.
- to a man Without exception: All were lost, to a man.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ആമ്പിറന്നോന് - Aampirannon | ampirannon ;പഞ്ചജനന് - Panchajanan ;ജന്മി - Janmi ;സൈനികന് - Sainikan ;ആണ്പിറന്നവന് - Aanpirannavan | anpirannavan ;ആള് - Aal | al ;