One who, or that which, imparts motion; a source of mechanical power.
- Something, such as a machine or an engine, that produces or imparts motion.
- A device that converts any form of energy into mechanical energy, especially an internal-combustion engine or an arrangement of coils and magnets that converts electric current into mechanical power.
- A motor vehicle, especially an automobile: "It was a night of lovers. All along the highway ... motors were parked and dim figures were clasped in revery” ( Sinclair Lewis).
- Causing or producing motion: motor power.
- Driven by or having a motor.
- Of or for motors or motor vehicles: motor oil.
- Of, relating to, or designating nerves that carry impulses from the nerve centers to the muscles.
- Involving or relating to movements of the muscles: motor coordination; a motor reflex.
- To drive or travel in a motor vehicle.
- To carry by motor vehicle.