A kind of earthen or metal drinking cup, with a handle, -- usually cylindrical and without a lip.
- A heavy cylindrical drinking cup usually having a handle.
- The amount that such a cup can hold.
- Informal The human face.
- Informal The area of the human mouth, chin, and jaw.
- Informal A grimace.
- Informal A mug shot.
- A thug; a hoodlum.
- Chiefly British Slang A victim or dupe.
- Informal To photograph (a person's face) for police files.
- To threaten or assault (a person) with the intent to rob: arrested the thief who mugged the tourists.
- To make exaggerated facial expressions, especially for humorous effect: The partygoers mugged for the camera.