A hollow vessel, usually of glass or earthenware (but formerly of leather), with a narrow neck or mouth, for holding liquids.
- A receptacle having a narrow neck, usually no handles, and a mouth that can be plugged, corked, or capped.
- The quantity that a bottle holds.
- A receptacle filled with milk or formula that is fed, as to babies, in place of breast milk.
- Informal Intoxicating liquor: Don't take to the bottle.
- Informal The practice of drinking large quantities of intoxicating liquor: Her problem is the bottle.
- To place in a bottle.
- To hold in; restrain: bottled up my emotions.