Denying; implying, containing, or asserting denial, negation or refusal; returning the answer no to an inquiry or request; refusing assent; as, a negative answer; a negative opinion; -- opposed to affirmative.
- Expressing, containing, or consisting of a negation, refusal, or denial: gave a negative answer to our request.
- Indicating opposition or resistance: a negative reaction to the new advertising campaign.
- Lacking positive or constructive features, especially:
- Unpleasant; disagreeable: had a negative experience on his first job.
- Gloomy; pessimistic: a negative outlook.
- Unfavorable or detrimental: a negative review; a negative effect on the child's development.
- Hostile or disparaging; malicious: ran a negative campaign against her opponent.
- Medicine Not indicating the presence of a particular disease, condition, or organism.
- Logic Designating a proposition that denies agreement between a subject and its predicate.
- Mathematics Of or relating to a quantity less than zero.
- Mathematics Of or relating to the sign (-).
- Mathematics Of or relating to a quantity to be subtracted from another.
- Mathematics Of or relating to a quantity, number, angle, velocity, or direction in a sense opposite to another of the same magnitude indicated or understood to be positive.
- Physics Of or relating to an electric charge of the same sign as that of an electron, indicated by the symbol (-).
- Physics Of or relating to a body having an excess of electrons.
- Chemistry Of or relating to an ion, the anion, that is attracted to a positive electrode.
- Biology Moving or turning away from a stimulus, such as light: a negative tropism.
- A statement or act indicating or expressing a contradiction, denial, or refusal.
- A statement or act that is highly critical of another or of others: campaign advertising that was based solely on negatives.
- Something that lacks all positive, affirmative, or encouraging features; an element that is the counterpoint of the positive: "Life is full of overwhelming odds. You can't really eliminate the negatives but you can diminish them” ( Art Linkletter).
- A feature or characteristic that is not deemed positive, affirmative, or desirable: "As voters get to know his liberal views, his negatives will rise” ( Richard M. Nixon).
- Grammar A word or part of a word, such as no, not, or non-, that indicates negation. See Usage Note at double negative.
- The side in a debate that contradicts or opposes the question being debated.
- An image in which the light areas of the object rendered appear dark and the dark areas appear light.
- A film, plate, or other photographic material containing such an image.
- Mathematics A negative quantity.
- To refuse to approve; veto.
- To deny; contradict.
- To demonstrate to be false; disprove.
- To counteract or neutralize.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഋണം - Runam ;ഇല്ലെന്നു പറയുന്ന - Illennu Parayunna ;നിഷേധിക്കുന്ന - Nishedhikkunna ;വിപരീത - Vipareetha ;ദുര്ബലപ്പെടുത്തുക - Dhurbalappeduththuka | Dhurbalappeduthuka ;ഇല്ലെന്നു പറയുക - Illennu Parayuka ;