That which is not sense, or has no sense; words, or language, which have no meaning, or which convey no intelligible ideas; absurdity.
- Words or signs having no intelligible meaning: a message that was nonsense until decoded.
- Subject matter, behavior, or language that is foolish or absurd.
- Extravagant foolishness or frivolity: a clown's exuberant nonsense.
- Matter of little or no importance or usefulness: a chatty letter full of gossip and nonsense.
- Insolent talk or behavior; impudence: wouldn't take any nonsense from the children.
- Genetics Of or relating to a mutation in a structural gene that changes a nucleotide triplet into a stop codon, thus prematurely terminating the polypeptide chain during protein synthesis.
- Used to express disagreement or exasperation.