Difference in favor of one and against another; excess of one of two things or numbers over the other; inequality; advantage; superiority; hence, excess of chances; probability.
- A certain number of points given beforehand to a weaker side in a contest to equalize the chances of all participants.
- The ratio of the probability of an event's occurring to the probability of its not occurring.
- The likelihood of the occurrence of one thing rather than the occurrence of another thing, as in a contest: The odds are that she will get the nomination on the first ballot.
- Games A ratio expressing the amount by which the stake of one bettor differs from that of an opposing bettor.
- An amount or a degree by which one thing exceeds or falls short of another: won the contest by considerable odds.
- at odds In disagreement; in conflict: "The artist and the self-critic . . . are, with a few felicitous exceptions, forever at odds” ( Joyce Carol Oates).
- by all odds In every possible way; unquestionably: By all odds it is the best film of the year.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
odds and ends ലൊട്ടുലൊടുക്ക് - odds And Ends Lottulodukku ;വ്യത്യാസം - Vyathyaasam | Vyathyasam ;ഖണ്ഡങ്ങള് - Khandangal ;ശണ്ഠ - Shanda ;തരം - Tharam ;അവിചാരിതമായി - Avichaarithamaayi | Avicharithamayi ;