The act of one who proceeds, or who prosecutes a design or transaction; progress or movement from one thing to another; a measure or step taken in a course of business; a transaction; as, an illegal proceeding; a cautious or a violent proceeding.
- A course of action; a procedure.
- A sequence of events occurring at a particular place or occasion: hectic proceedings in the kitchen.
- A record of business carried on by a society or other organization; minutes.
- Law Legal action; litigation. Often used in the plural.
- Law The instituting or conducting of legal action.