That which produces or effects a result; that from which anything proceeds, and without which it would not exist.
- The producer of an effect, result, or consequence.
- The one, such as a person, event, or condition, that is responsible for an action or result.
- A basis for an action or response; a reason: The doctor's report gave no cause for alarm.
- A goal or principle served with dedication and zeal: "the cause of freedom versus tyranny” ( Hannah Arendt).
- The interests of a person or group engaged in a struggle: "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind” ( Thomas Paine).
- Law A ground for legal action.
- Law A lawsuit.
- A subject under debate or discussion.
- To be the cause of or reason for; result in.
- To bring about or compel by authority or force: The moderator invoked a rule causing the debate to be ended.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പ്രത്യയം - Prathyayam ;ഉറുത്തുക - Uruththuka | Uruthuka ;ബീജം - Beejam ;ഉപപത്തി - Upapaththi | Upapathi ;വിഷയം - Vishayam ;പ്രേരണ - Prerana ;