To set down, as legible characters; to form the conveyance of meaning; to inscribe on any material by a suitable instrument; as, to write the characters called letters; to write figures.
- To form (letters, words, or symbols) on a surface such as paper with an instrument such as a pen.
- To spell: How do you write your name?
- To form (letters or words) in cursive style.
- To compose and set down, especially in literary or musical form: write a poem; write a prelude.
- To draw up in legal form; draft: write a will.
- To fill in or cover with writing: write a check; wrote five pages in an hour.
- To express in writing; set down: write one's thoughts.
- To communicate by correspondence: wrote that she was planning to visit.
- To underwrite, as an insurance policy.
- To indicate; mark: "Utter dejection was written on every face” ( Winston S. Churchill).
- To ordain or prophesy: It was written that the empire would fall.
- Computer Science To transfer or copy (information) from memory to a storage device or output device.
- To trace or form letters, words, or symbols on paper or another surface.
- To produce written material, such as articles or books.
- To compose a letter; communicate by mail.
- write down To set down in writing.
- write down To reduce in rank, value, or price.
- write down To disparage in writing.
- write down To write in a conspicuously simple or condescending style: felt he had to write down to his students.
- write in To cast a vote by inserting (a name not listed on a ballot).
- write in To insert in a text or document: wrote in an apology at the end of the note.
- write in To communicate with an organization by mail: write in with a completed entry form.
- write off To reduce to zero the book value of (an asset that has become worthless).
- write off To cancel from accounts as a loss.
- write off To consider as a loss or failure: wrote off the rainy first day of the vacation.
- write out To express or compose in writing: write out a request.
- write out To write in full or expanded form: All abbreviations are to be written out.
- write up To write a report or description of, as for publication.
- write up To bring (a journal, for example) up to date.
- write up To overstate the value of (assets).
- write up To report (someone) in writing, as for breaking the law. wrote him up for speeding.
- write (one's) own ticket To set one's own terms or course of action entirely according to one's own needs or wishes: an open-ended and generous scholarship that lets recipients write their own ticket.
- writ large Signified, expressed, or embodied in a greater or more prominent magnitude or degree: "The man was no more than the boy writ large” ( George Eliot).
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കോറുക - Koruka ;എഴുത്തുവഴി അറിയിക്കുക - Ezhuththuvazhi Ariyikkuka | Ezhuthuvazhi Ariyikkuka ;ലേഖനമെഴുതുക - Lekhanamezhuthuka ;തീട്ടുക - Theettuka ;രചിക്കുക - Rachikkuka ;ലേഖനം എഴുതുക - Lekhanam Ezhuthuka ;