To present again; as, to re-present the points of an argument.
- To stand for; symbolize: The bald eagle represents the United States.
- To indicate or communicate by signs or symbols: Letters of the alphabet represent sounds.
- To depict in art; portray.
- To describe or present in words; set forth.
- To present clearly to the mind.
- To draw attention to by way of remonstrance or protest: Our parents represented to us the need for greater caution.
- To describe or put forward (a person or thing) as an embodiment of a specified quality.
- To serve as the official and authorized delegate or agent for.
- To act as a spokesperson for.
- To serve as an example of: The museum had several paintings representing the artist's early style.
- To be the equivalent of.
- To stage (a play, for example); produce.
- To act the part or role of.