To emit rays; to be radiant; to shine.
- To send out rays or waves.
- To issue or emerge in rays or waves: Heat radiated from the stove.
- To extend in straight lines from or toward a center; diverge or converge like rays: Spokes radiate from a wheel hub.
- Ecology To spread into new habitats and thereby diverge or diversify. Used of a group of organisms.
- To emit (light, for example) in or as if in rays.
- To send or spread out from or as if from a center: a cactus that radiates spines.
- To irradiate or illuminate (an object).
- To manifest in a glowing manner: a leader who radiates confidence.
- Botany Having rays or raylike parts, as in the flower heads of daisies.
- Biology Characterized by radial symmetry.
- Surrounded with rays: a radiate head on a coin.