The act of one who reads; perusal; also, printed or written matter to be read.
- The act or activity of one that reads.
- The act or practice of rendering aloud written or printed matter: skilled at forensic reading.
- An official or public recitation of written material: the reading of a will; a reading by the poet of her own works.
- The specific form of a particular passage in a text: an unusual reading of the old manuscript.
- The distinctive interpretation of a work of performing art given by the person or persons performing it.
- A personal interpretation or appraisal: He gave us his reading of the situation.
- Written or printed material.
- The information indicated by a gauge or graduated instrument.