A large town.
- A center of population, commerce, and culture; a town of significant size and importance.
- An incorporated municipality in the United States with definite boundaries and legal powers set forth in a charter granted by the state.
- A Canadian municipality of high rank, usually determined by population but varying by province.
- A large incorporated town in Great Britain, usually the seat of a bishop, with its title conferred by the Crown.
- The inhabitants of a city considered as a group.
- An ancient Greek city-state.
- Slang Used in combination as an intensive: The playing field was mud city after the big rain.
- The financial and commercial center of London. Used with the.