The act of correcting, or making that right which was wrong; change for the better; amendment; rectification, as of an erroneous statement.
- The act or process of correcting.
- Something offered or substituted for a mistake or fault: made corrections in the report.
- Punishment intended to rehabilitate or improve.
- The treatment of offenders through a system of penal incarceration, rehabilitation, probation, and parole, or the administrative system by which these are effectuated.
- An amount or quantity added or subtracted in order to correct.
- A decline in stock-market activity or prices following a period of increases.