To find again; to recover; to regain; to restore from loss or injury; as, to retrieve one's character; to retrieve independence.
- To get back; regain.
- To rescue or save.
- Sports To make a difficult but successful return of (a ball or shuttlecock, as in tennis or badminton).
- To bring back again; revive or restore.
- To rectify the unfavorable consequences of; remedy. See Synonyms at recover.
- To recall to mind; remember.
- To find and carry back; fetch.
- To find and bring back game: a dog trained to retrieve.
- The act of retrieving; retrieval.
- Sports A difficult but successful return of a ball or shuttlecock.