The juice of plants of any kind, especially the ascending and descending juices or circulating fluid essential to nutrition.
- The watery fluid that circulates through a plant, carrying food and other substances to the various tissues.
- The fluid contents of a plant cell vacuole.
- An essential bodily fluid.
- Health and energy; vitality.
- Slang A gullible person; a dupe.
- A leather-covered hand weapon; a blackjack.
- To drain of sap.
- To hit or knock out with a sap.
- A covered trench or tunnel dug to a point near or within an enemy position.
- To undermine the foundations of (a fortification).
- To deplete or weaken gradually.
- To dig a sap.