A covering for the head
- A usually soft and close-fitting head covering, either having no brim or with a visor.
- A special head covering worn to indicate rank, occupation, or membership in a particular group: a cardinal's cap; a sailor's cap.
- An academic mortarboard. Used especially in the phrase cap and gown.
- A protective cover or seal, especially one that closes off an end or a tip: a bottle cap; a 35-millimeter lens cap.
- A crown for covering or sealing a tooth.
- A tread for a worn pneumatic tire.
- A fitted covering used to seal a well or large pipe.
- Chiefly Southern U.S. See eye.
- A summit or top, as of a mountain.
- An upper limit; a ceiling: placed a cap on mortgage rates.
- Architecture The capital of a column.
- Botany The top part, or pileus, of a mushroom.
- Botany A calyptra.
- A percussion cap.
- A small explosive charge enclosed in paper for use in a toy gun.
- Any of several sizes of writing paper, such as foolscap.
- Sports An appearance by a player in an international soccer game, traditionally rewarded with a hat.
- To cover, protect, or seal with a cap.
- To award a special cap to as a sign of rank or achievement: capped the new women nurses at graduation.
- To lie over or on top of; cover: hills capped with snow.
- To apply the finishing touch to; complete: cap a meal with dessert.
- To follow with something better; surpass or outdo: capped his last trick with a disappearing act that brought the audience to its feet.
- To set an upper limit on: decided to cap cost-of-living increases.
- cap in hand Humbly or submissively.
- set (one's) cap for To attempt to attract and win as a mate.
- A capital letter.
- To capitalize.
- Informal Capital: venture cap.
- Informal Capitalization: market cap.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
തൊപ്പി ധരിക്കുക - Thoppi Dharikkuka ;മേല്മൂടി - Melmoodi ;അടയ്ക്കുക - Adaykkuka ;അഗ്രഭാഗം - Agrabhaagam | Agrabhagam ;തൊപ്പി - Thoppi ;ശിരോവസ്ത്രം - Shirovasthram ;