The stem or main axis of a plant; as, a stalk of wheat, rye, or oats; the stalks of maize or hemp.
- A stem or main axis of a herbaceous plant.
- A stem or similar structure that supports a plant part such as a flower, flower cluster, or leaf.
- A slender or elongated support or structure, as one that holds up an organ or another body part.
- To walk with a stiff, haughty, or angry gait: stalked off in a huff.
- To move threateningly or menacingly.
- To track prey or quarry.
- To pursue by tracking stealthily.
- To follow or observe (a person) persistently, especially out of obsession or derangement.
- To go through (an area) in pursuit of prey or quarry.