- A star that is the basis of the solar system and that sustains life on Earth, being the source of heat and light. It has a mean distance from Earth of about 150 million kilometers (93 million miles) a diameter of approximately 1,390,000 kilometers (864,000 miles) and a mass about 330,000 times that of Earth.
- A star that is the center of a planetary system.
- The radiant energy, especially heat and visible light, emitted by the sun; sunshine.
- A sunlike object, representation, or design.
- To expose to the sun's rays, as for warming, drying, or tanning.
- To expose oneself or itself to the sun.
- in the sun In the public eye.
- under the sun On the earth; in the world.