In the popular sense, the bloom or blossom of a plant; the showy portion, usually of a different color, shape, and texture from the foliage.
- The reproductive structure of some seed-bearing plants, characteristically having either specialized male or female organs or both male and female organs, such as stamens and a pistil, enclosed in an outer envelope of petals and sepals.
- Such a structure having showy or colorful parts; a blossom.
- A plant that is cultivated or appreciated for its blossoms.
- The condition or a time of having developed flowers: The azaleas were in full flower.
- Something, such as an ornament or a figure of speech, that resembles a flower in shape, fineness, or attractiveness.
- The period of highest development; the peak. See Synonyms at bloom1.
- The highest example or best representative: the flower of our generation.
- A natural development or outgrowth: "His attitude was simply a flower of his general good nature” ( Henry James).
- Chemistry A fine powder produced by condensation or sublimation of a compound.
- To produce a flower or flowers; blossom.
- To develop naturally or fully; mature: His artistic talents flowered early.
- To decorate with flowers or with a floral pattern.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
മലര് - Malaru ;കുതുമം - Kuthumam ;മണീവകം - Maneevakam ;ശബ്ദാലങ്കാരം - Shabdhaalankaaram | Shabdhalankaram ;മലര് - Malar ;പത്മാകരം - Pathmaakaram | Pathmakaram ;