One of the terminal members, or digits, of the foot of a man or an animal.
- One of the digits of a vertebrate.
- The forepart of a foot or hoof.
- The terminal segment of an invertebrate's limb.
- The part of a sock, shoe, or boot that covers the digits of the foot.
- The lowest, outermost, or endmost part, as:
- The part of the head of a golf club farthest from the shaft.
- The part of a vertical shaft that turns in a bearing.
- The lowest part of an embankment or dam.
- To touch, kick, or reach with the toe.
- Sports To drive (a golf ball) with the toe of the club.
- To set or adjust at an oblique angle. Used with in or out.
- To drive (a nail or spike) at an oblique angle.
- To fasten or secure with obliquely driven nails or spikes.
- To stand, walk, move, or be formed with the toes pointed in a specified direction: He toes out.
- on (one's) toes Ready to act; alert.
- step To hurt, offend, or encroach on the feelings, actions, or province of.
- line To adhere to doctrines or rules conscientiously; conform.
- line Sports & Games To touch a mark or line with the toe or hands in readiness for the start of a race or competition.