The male of the sheep and allied animals. In some parts of England a ram is called a tup.
- A male sheep.
- Any of several devices used to drive, batter, or crush by forceful impact, especially:
- A battering ram.
- The weight that drops in a pile driver or steam hammer.
- The plunger or piston of a force pump or hydraulic press.
- A hydraulic ram.
- A projection on the prow of a warship, used to batter or cut into enemy vessels.
- A ship having such a projection.
- See Aries.
- To strike or drive against with a heavy impact; butt: rammed the door with a sledgehammer until it broke open.
- To force or press into place.
- To cram; stuff: rammed the clothes into the suitcase.
- To force passage or acceptance of: rammed the project through the city council despite local opposition.