A part of a tree which extends from the trunk and separates into branches and twigs; a large branch.
- One of the larger branches of a tree.
- One of the jointed appendages of an animal, such as an arm, leg, wing, or flipper, used for locomotion or grasping.
- An extension or a projecting part, as of a building or mountain range.
- One that is considered to be an extension, member, or representative of a larger body or group.
- Informal An impish child.
- To dismember.
- (out) on a limb Informal In a difficult, awkward, or vulnerable position.
- Astronomy The circumferential edge of the apparent disk of a celestial body.
- Mathematics The edge of a graduated arc or circle used in an instrument to measure angles.
- Botany The expanded tip of a plant organ, such as a petal or corolla lobe.