Something intended or supposed to represent or indicate another thing or an event; a sign; a symbol; as, the rainbow is a token of God's covenant established with Noah.
- Something serving as an indication, proof, or expression of something else; a sign: "Tears are queer tokens of happiness” ( Eugene O'Neill). See Synonyms at sign.
- Something that signifies or evidences authority, validity, or identity: The scepter is a token of regal status.
- A distinguishing feature or characteristic.
- One that represents a group, as an employee whose presence is used to deflect from the employer criticism or accusations of discrimination.
- A keepsake or souvenir.
- A piece of stamped metal used as a substitute for currency: subway tokens.
- To betoken or symbolize; portend.
- Done as an indication or a pledge: a token payment.
- Perfunctory; minimal: a token gesture of reconciliation; token resistance.
- Merely symbolic: refused to be the token woman on the committee.
- by the same token In like manner; similarly.
- in token of As an indication of: a ring given in token of love.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഓര്മ്മ - Ormma ;സംജ്ഞ - Samjnja ;സ്മാരകചിഹ്നം - Smaarakachihnam | Smarakachihnam ;ലക്ഷണം - Lakshanam ;സ്നേഹചിഹ്നം - Snehachihnam ;അടയാളം - Adayaalam | Adayalam ;