Any effort, process, or operation designed to establish or discover a fact or truth; an act of testing; a test; a trial.
- The evidence or argument that compels the mind to accept an assertion as true.
- The validation of a proposition by application of specified rules, as of induction or deduction, to assumptions, axioms, and sequentially derived conclusions.
- A statement or argument used in such a validation.
- Convincing or persuasive demonstration: was asked for proof of his identity; an employment history that was proof of her dependability.
- The state of being convinced or persuaded by consideration of evidence.
- Determination of the quality of something by testing; trial: put one's beliefs to the proof.
- Law The result or effect of evidence; the establishment or denial of a fact by evidence.
- The alcoholic strength of a liquor, expressed by a number that is twice the percentage by volume of alcohol present.
- Printing A trial sheet of printed material that is made to be checked and corrected. Also called proof sheet.
- Printing A trial impression of a plate, stone, or block taken at any of various stages in engraving.
- A trial photographic print.
- Any of a limited number of newly minted coins or medals struck as specimens and for collectors from a new die on a polished planchet.
- Archaic Proven impenetrability: "I was clothed in Armor of proof” ( John Bunyan).
- Fully or successfully resistant; impervious. Often used in combination: waterproof watches; a fireproof cellar door.
- Of standard alcoholic strength.
- Used in proving or making corrections.
- Printing To make a trial impression of (printed or engraved matter).
- Printing To proofread (copy).
- To activate (dormant dry yeast) by adding water.
- To work (dough) into proper lightness.
- To treat so as to make resistant: proof a fabric against shrinkage.
- Printing To proofread.
- To become properly light for cooking: The batter proofed overnight.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പരീക്ഷണം - Pareekshanam ;ആദ്യപകര്പ്പ് - Aadhyapakarppu | adhyapakarppu ;ഏശാത്ത - Eshaaththa | Eshatha ;സ്പഷ്ടമായ തെളിവ് - Spashdamaaya Thelivu | Spashdamaya Thelivu ;പ്രസ്താവം - Prasthaavam | Prasthavam ;തെളിവ് - Thelivu ;