A line consisting of a certain number of metrical feet (see Foot,
- A single metrical line in a poetic composition; one line of poetry.
- A division of a metrical composition, such as a stanza of a poem or hymn.
- A poem.
- Metrical or rhymed composition as distinct from prose; poetry.
- The art or work of a poet.
- A group of poems: read a book of satirical verse.
- Metrical writing that lacks depth or artistic merit.
- A particular type of metrical composition, such as blank verse or free verse.
- One of the numbered subdivisions of a chapter in the Bible.
- To versify or engage in versifying.
- To familiarize by study or experience: He versed himself in philosophy.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ശീല് - Sheel ;വൃത്തപാദം - Vruththapaadham | Vruthapadham ;പാട്ട് - Paattu | Pattu ;വചനം - Vachanam ;(ബൈബിൾ) വാക്യം - (baibil) Vaakyam | (baibil) Vakyam ;കവിത - Kavitha ;