Having considerable distance or extent between the sides; spacious across; much extended in a direction at right angles to that of length; not narrow; broad; as, wide cloth; a wide table; a wide highway; a wide bed; a wide hall or entry.
- Having a specified extent from side to side: a ribbon two inches wide.
- Extending over a great distance from side to side; broad: a wide road; a wide necktie.
- Having great extent or range; including much or many: a wide selection; granting wide powers; wide variations.
- Fully open or extended: look with wide eyes.
- To the side of or at a distance from a given boundary, limit, or goal: a shot that was wide of the target.
- Baseball Outside.
- Sports Being near one of the side boundaries of a playing area, such as a sideline on a football field.
- Deviating or straying from something expected or specified: a remark that was wide of the truth.
- Linguistics Lax.
- Over a great distance; extensively: traveled far and wide.
- To the full extent; completely.
- To the side of or at a distance from a given boundary, limit, or goal.
- Sports Toward or near one of the sides of a playing area: ran wide to catch a pass.
- Sports A ball bowled outside of the batsman's reach, counting as a run for the batting team in cricket.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
അകലമുളള - Akalamulala ;വിസ്താരമുളള - Visthaaramulala | Vistharamulala ;വീതിയുള്ള - Veethiyulla ;ഉന്നം തെറ്റിയ - Unnam Thettiya ;വിഷ്ക്കംഭി - Vishkkambhi ;വിപുലമായ - Vipulamaaya | Vipulamaya ;