In or to a higher place; higher than; on or over the upper surface; over; -- opposed to below or beneath.
- On high; overhead: the clouds above.
- In heaven; heavenward.
- Upstairs: a table in the dining room above.
- To a degree that is over zero: 15° above.
- In or to a higher place.
- In an earlier part of a given text: "The problems cited above have led to a number of suggestions for reform” ( Wharton Magazine).
- In or to a higher rank or position: the ranks of major and above.
- Over or higher than: a cool spring above the timberline.
- Superior to in rank, position, or number; greater than: put principles above expediency.
- Beyond the level or reach of: a shot that was heard above the music.
- In preference to.
- Too honorable to bend to: I am above petty intrigue.
- More than: somewhat above normal temperature.
- Upstream of: a dam positioned ten miles above the town.
- North of: Minnesota is above Iowa.
- An earlier part of a given text: Refer to the above for that information.
- The person or persons already referred to in a text: The above hereby affix their signatures.
- Appearing earlier in the same text: flaws in the above interpretation.
- above all Over and above all other factors or considerations: Above all, tell the truth.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
മീതല് - Meethal ;ഉപരി - Upari ;കൂടുതൽ - Kooduthal ;മേല്പറഞ്ഞ - Melparanja ;മേല്പറഞ്ഞ - Melparanja ;മേല്പ്പറഞ്ഞ - Melpparanja ;