A cover for the hand, or for the hand and wrist, with a separate sheath for each finger. The latter characteristic distinguishes the glove from the mitten.
- A fitted covering for the hand with a separate sheath for each finger and the thumb.
- A gauntlet.
- Sports Any of various coverings for the hand designed to provide protection or improve the grip, as:
- Sports An oversized leather glove used for catching baseballs, especially one with more finger sheaths than the catcher's or first baseman's mitt.
- Sports A glove made of leather and fabric having padding on the back and extending over the wrist, used in hockey and lacrosse.
- Sports A boxing glove.
- Sports A close-fitting leather glove used to improve the grip, as in batting or in golf.
- Baseball Fielding ability: a shortstop with a good glove.
- To furnish with gloves.
- To cover with or as if with a glove.
- To don gloves, as before performing an operation on a patient.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഹസ്തപരിധാനം - Hasthaparidhaanam | Hasthaparidhanam ;കൈക്കവചം - Kaikkavacham ;കയ്യുറ - Kayyura ;കൈയുറ - Kaiyura ;കയ്യുറയിടുക - Kayyurayiduka ;കൈപ്പടം - Kaippadam ;