To swallow up; to engulf; to overwhelm; to cause to disappear as if by swallowing up; to use up; to include.
- To take (something) in through or as through pores or interstices.
- To occupy the full attention, interest, or time of; engross. See Synonyms at monopolize.
- To retain (radiation or sound, for example) wholly, without reflection or transmission.
- To take in; assimilate: immigrants who were absorbed into the social mainstream.
- To learn; acquire: "Matisse absorbed the lesson and added to it a new language of color” ( Peter Plagen).
- To receive (an impulse) without echo or recoil: a fabric that absorbs sound; a bumper that absorbs impact.
- To assume or pay for (a cost or costs).
- To endure; accommodate: couldn't absorb the additional hardships.
- To use up; consume: The project has absorbed all of our department's resources.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വിഴുങ്ങുക - Vizhunguka ;വലിച്ചെടുക്കുക - Valichedukkuka ;കുടിക്കുക - Kudikkuka ;ഉള്കൊള്ളുക - Ulkolluka ;ചെലവാക്കുക - Chelavaakkuka | Chelavakkuka ;ആണ്ടുപോവുക - Aandupovuka | andupovuka ;