To spot, stain, or bespatter, as with ink.
- A spot or a stain caused by a discoloring substance: a blot of paint.
- A stain on one's character or reputation; a disgrace. See Synonyms at stain.
- The Northern, Southern, or Western blot analyses.
- To spot or stain, as with a discoloring substance.
- To bring moral disgrace to.
- To obliterate (writing, for example).
- To make obscure; hide: clouds blotting out the moon.
- To destroy utterly; annihilate: War blotted out their traditional way of life.
- To soak up or dry with absorbent material.
- To spill or spread in a spot or stain.
- To become blotted, soaked up, or absorbed.
- Games An exposed piece in backgammon.
- Archaic A weak point.