To point or direct a missile weapon, or a weapon which propels as missile, towards an object or spot with the intent of hitting it; as, to aim at a fox, or at a target.
- To direct (a weapon) toward an intended target.
- To direct toward or intend for a particular goal or group: The publicity campaign was aimed at improving the eating habits of children.
- To direct a weapon: a gunner aiming carefully.
- To determine a course or direct an effort: aim for a better education.
- To propose to do something; intend: The historical society is aiming to restore the town hall.
- The act of aiming.
- Skill at hitting a target: The shooter's aim was perfect.
- The line of fire of an aimed weapon.
- The degree of accuracy of a weapon.
- A purpose or intention toward which one's efforts are directed.
- Obsolete A target; a mark.
- Obsolete A conjecture; a guess.