An act of kindness; a favor conferred.
- Something that promotes or enhances well-being; an advantage: The field trip was of great benefit to the students.
- Help; aid.
- A payment made or an entitlement available in accordance with a wage agreement, an insurance policy, or a public assistance program.
- A public entertainment, performance, or social event held to raise funds for a person or cause.
- Archaic A kindly deed.
- To be helpful or useful to.
- To derive benefit: You will benefit from her good example.
- benefit of the doubt A favorable judgment granted in the absence of full evidence.