The act of employing anything, or of applying it to one's service; the state of being so employed or applied; application; employment; conversion to some purpose; as, the use of a pen in writing; his machines are in general use.
- To put into service or apply for a purpose; employ.
- To avail oneself of; practice: use caution.
- To conduct oneself toward; treat or handle: "the peace offering of a man who once used you unkindly” ( Laurence Sterne).
- To seek or achieve an end by means of; exploit: used their highly placed friends to gain access to the president; felt he was being used by seekers of favor.
- To take or consume; partake of: She rarely used alcohol.
- Used in the past tense followed by to in order to indicate a former state, habitual practice, or custom: Mail service used to be faster.
- The act of using; the application or employment of something for a purpose: with the use of a calculator; skilled in the use of the bow and arrow.
- The condition or fact of being used: a chair in regular use.
- The manner of using; usage: learned the proper use of power tools.
- The permission, privilege, or benefit of using something: gave us the use of their summerhouse.
- The power or ability to use something: lost the use of one arm.
- The need or occasion to use or employ: have no use for these old clothes.
- The quality of being suitable or adaptable to an end; usefulness: tried to be of use in the kitchen.
- A purpose for which something is used: a tool with several uses; a pretty bowl, but of what use is it?
- Gain or advantage; good: There's no use in discussing it. What's the use?
- Accustomed or usual procedure or practice.
- Law Enjoyment of property, as by occupying or exercising it.
- Law The benefit or profit of lands and tenements of which the legal title and possession are vested in another.
- Law The arrangement establishing the equitable right to such benefits and profits.
- A liturgical form practiced in a particular church, ecclesiastical district, or community.
- Obsolete Usual occurrence or experience.
- use up To consume completely: used up all our money.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഉപയോഗിക്കുക - Upayogikkuka ;പെണ്ണുക - Pennuka ;വഴക്കം - Vazhakkam ;പ്രയോഗിക്കല് - Prayogikkal ;ഉപയോഗം - Upayogam ;ആചരിക്കുക - Aacharikkuka | acharikkuka ;