The manner in which one bears or conducts one's self; mien; behavior; carriage.
- The manner in which one carries or conducts oneself: the poise and bearing of a champion.
- A machine or structural part that supports another part.
- A device that supports, guides, and reduces the friction of motion between fixed and moving machine parts.
- Something that supports weight.
- The part of an arch or beam that rests on a support.
- The act, power, or period of producing fruit or offspring.
- The quantity produced; yield.
- Direction, especially angular direction measured from one position to another using geographical or celestial reference lines.
- Awareness of one's position or situation relative to one's surroundings. Often used in the plural: lost my bearings after taking the wrong exit.
- Relevant relationship or interconnection: Those issues have no bearing on our situation.
- Heraldry A charge or device on a field.
- Architecture Designed to support structural weight: a bearing wall.