That which is carried; burden; baggage.
- A wheeled vehicle, especially a four-wheeled horse-drawn passenger vehicle, often of an elegant design.
- Chiefly British A railroad passenger car.
- A baby carriage.
- A wheeled support or frame for carrying a heavy object, such as a cannon.
- A moving part of a machine for holding or shifting another part: the carriage of a typewriter.
- The act or process of transporting or carrying.
- The cost of or the charge for transporting.
- The manner of holding and moving one's head and body; bearing. See Synonyms at posture.
- Archaic Management; administration.