That which joins or links two things together; a bond or tie; a coupler.
- Two items of the same kind; a pair.
- Something that joins or connects two things together; a link.
- Two people united, as by betrothal or marriage.
- Two people together.
- Informal A few; several: a couple of days.
- Physics A pair of forces of equal magnitude acting in parallel but opposite directions, capable of causing rotation but not translation.
- To link together; connect: coupled her refusal with an explanation.
- To join as spouses; marry.
- To join in sexual union.
- Electricity To link (two circuits or currents) as by magnetic induction.
- To form pairs; join.
- To unite sexually; copulate.
- To join chemically.
- Informal Two or few: "Every couple years the urge strikes, to . . . haul off to a new site” ( Garrison Keillor).