The process of growing; the gradual increase of an animal or a vegetable body; the development from a seed, germ, or root, to full size or maturity; increase in size, number, frequency, strength, etc.; augmentation; advancement; production; prevalence or influence; as, the growth of trade; the growth of power; the growth of intemperance. Idle weeds are fast in growth.
- The process of growing.
- Full development; maturity.
- Development from a lower or simpler to a higher or more complex form; evolution.
- An increase, as in size, number, value, or strength; extension or expansion: population growth.
- Something that grows or has grown: a new growth of grass.
- Pathology An abnormal mass of tissue, such as a tumor, growing in or on a living organism.
- A result of growth; a product: concerns that are a growth of the new responsibilities.
- Expected to have or investing in businesses expected to have higher-than-average increases in revenues and returns: a growth stock; a growth fund.