The part (usually an iron or steel plate) of a plow which cuts the ground at the bottom of a furrow; a plowshare.
- A part or portion belonging to, distributed to, contributed by, or owed by a person or group.
- An equitable portion: do one's share of the work.
- Any of the equal parts into which the capital stock of a corporation or company is divided.
- To divide and parcel out in shares; apportion.
- To participate in, use, enjoy, or experience jointly or in turns.
- To relate (a secret or experience, for example) to another or others.
- To accord a share in (something) to another or others: shared her chocolate bar with a friend.
- To have a share or part: shared in the profits.
- To allow someone to use or enjoy something that one possesses: Being in daycare taught the child to share.
- To use or enjoy something jointly or in turns: There is only one computer, so we will have to share.
- go shares To be concerned or partake equally or jointly, as in a business venture.
- A plowshare.