To strew about; to sprinkle around; to throw down loosely; to deposit or place here and there, esp. in an open or sparse order.
- To cause to separate and go in different directions.
- To distribute loosely by or as if by sprinkling; strew: scattering confetti from the upper windows.
- Physics To deflect (radiation or particles).
- To separate and go in different directions; disperse.
- To occur or fall at widely spaced intervals.
- The act of scattering or the condition of being scattered.
- Something scattered.