The act of parting or dividing; the state of being parted; separation; division; distribution; as, the partition of a kingdom.
- The act or process of dividing something into parts.
- The state of being so divided.
- Something that divides or separates, as a wall dividing one room or cubicle from another.
- A wall, septum, or other separating membrane in an organism.
- A part or section into which something has been divided.
- Division of a country into separate, autonomous nations.
- Mathematics An expression of a positive integer as a sum of positive integers.
- Mathematics The decomposition of a set into a family of disjoint sets.
- Computer Science A section of storage space on a hard disk.
- Law Division of property, especially real estate.
- To divide into parts, pieces, or sections.
- To divide or separate by means of a partition: We partitioned off the alcove to make another bedroom.
- To divide (a country) into separate, autonomous nations.