Hastening or forward; hence, tending to further or promote a proposed object; fit or proper under the circumstances; conducive to self-interest; desirable; advisable; advantageous; -- sometimes contradistinguished from right.
- Appropriate to a purpose.
- Serving to promote one's interest: was merciful only when mercy was expedient.
- Based on or marked by a concern for self-interest rather than principle; self-interested.
- Obsolete Speedy; expeditious.
- Something that is a means to an end.
- Something contrived or used to meet an urgent need. See Synonyms at makeshift.