One who, or that which, is substituted or put in the place of another; one who acts for another; that which stands in lieu of something else
- One that takes the place of another; a replacement: "Fantasies are more than substitutes for unpleasant reality” ( Barbara Grizzuti Harrison).
- Grammar A word or construction used in place of another word, phrase, or clause.
- To put or use (a person or thing) in place of another: "substituting moral power for physical force” ( Elizabeth Cady Stanton).
- Chemistry To replace (one or more elements or radicals in a compound) by other elements or radicals.
- To take the place of another: "Only art can substitute for nature” ( Leonard Bernstein).
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
സത്ത - Saththa | Satha ;പിണയാള് - Pinayaal | Pinayal ;സാരം - Saaram | Saram ;പകരം ആക്കുക - Pakaram Aakkuka | Pakaram akkuka ;ബദല് - Badhal ;സാരാംശം - Saaraamsham | Saramsham ;