Free from sound or noise; absolutely still; perfectly quiet.
- Marked by absence of noise or sound; still.
- Not inclined to speak; not talkative.
- Unable to speak.
- Refraining from speech: Do be silent.
- Not voiced or expressed; unspoken: a silent curse; silent consent.
- Inactive; quiescent: a silent volcano.
- Linguistics Having no phonetic value; unpronounced: the silent b in subtle.
- Having no spoken dialogue and usually no soundtrack. Used of a film.
- Producing no detectable signs or symptoms: a silent heart attack.
- A silent movie.