Animal fat, as tallow or lard, especially when in a soft state; oily or unctuous matter of any kind.
- Soft or melted animal fat, especially after rendering.
- A thick oil or viscous substance, especially when used as a lubricant.
- The oily substance present in raw wool; suint.
- Raw wool that has not been cleansed of this oily substance.
- Slang Something, such as money or influence, that facilitates the attainment of an object or a desire: accepted some grease to fix the outcome of the race.
- To coat, smear, or soil with grease: greased the pie pan.
- To lubricate with grease.
- To facilitate the progress of.
- Slang To kill. See Regional Note at greasy.
- palm Slang To bribe.