A kind of knot often used at the end of a rope; a wall knot; a wale.
- An upright structure of masonry, wood, plaster, or other building material serving to enclose, divide, or protect an area, especially a vertical construction forming an inner partition or exterior siding of a building.
- A continuous structure of masonry or other material forming a rampart and built for defensive purposes. Often used in the plural.
- A structure of stonework, cement, or other material built to retain a flow of water.
- Something resembling a wall in appearance, function, or construction, as the exterior surface of a body organ or part: the abdominal wall.
- Something resembling a wall in impenetrability or strength: a wall of silence; a wall of fog.
- An extreme or desperate condition or position, such as defeat or ruin: driven to the wall by poverty.
- Sports The vertical surface of an ocean wave in surfing.
- To enclose, surround, or fortify with or as if with a wall: wall up an old window. See Synonyms at enclose.
- To divide or separate with or as if with a wall. Often used with off: wall off half a room.
- To confine or seal behind a wall; immure: "I determined to wall [the body] up in the cellar” ( Edgar Allan Poe).
- To block or close (an opening or passage, for example) with or as if with a wall.
- off the wall Slang Extremely unconventional.
- off the wall Slang Without foundation; ridiculous: an accusation that is really off the wall.
- up the wall Slang Into a state of extreme frustration, anger, or distress: tensions that are driving me up the wall.
- writing An ominous indication of the course of future events: saw the writing on the wall and fled the country.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പ്രാചീരം - Praacheeram | Pracheeram ;പ്രാകാരം - Praakaaram | Prakaram ;മതില് - Mathil ;മതിലിനോട് സാദൃശ്യമുള്ള വസ്തു - Mathilinodu Saadhrushyamulla Vasthu | Mathilinodu Sadhrushyamulla Vasthu ;കുഡ്യം - Kudyam ;ചുമര് - Chumar ;