A Chinese musical instrument, consisting of resonant stones or metal plates, arranged according to their tones in a frame of wood, and struck with a hammer.
- A male sovereign.
- One that is supreme or preeminent in a particular group, category, or sphere.
- The perfect, omniscient, omnipotent being; God.
- Christianity Jesus.
- Games A playing card bearing the figure of a king, ranking above a queen.
- Games The principal chess piece, which can move one square in any direction and must be protected against checkmate.
- Games A piece in checkers that has been moved to the last row on the opponent's side of the board and been crowned, thus becoming free to move both forward and backward.
- See Table at Bible.
- Principal or chief, as in size or importance.
- Games To make (a piece in checkers) into a king; crown.