A loose garment to be worn over other garments; an enveloping robe; a cloak. Hence, figuratively, a covering or concealing envelope.
- A loose sleeveless coat worn over outer garments; a cloak.
- Something that covers, envelops, or conceals: "On a summer night . . . a mantle of dust hangs over the gravel roads” ( John Dollard).
- Variant of mantel.
- The outer covering of a wall.
- A zone of hot gases around a flame.
- A device in gas lamps consisting of a sheath of threads that gives off brilliant illumination when heated by the flame.
- Anatomy The cerebral cortex.
- Geology The layer of the earth between the crust and the core.
- The outer wall and casing of a blast furnace above the hearth.
- The wings, shoulder feathers, and back of a bird when differently colored from the rest of the body.
- Zoology A fold or pair of folds of the body wall that lines the shell and secretes the substance that forms the shell in mollusks and brachiopods.
- Zoology The soft outer wall lining the shell of a tunicate or barnacle.
- To cover with or as if with a mantle; conceal. See Synonyms at clothe.
- To spread or become extended over a surface.
- To become covered with a coating, as scum or froth on the surface of a liquid.
- To be overspread by blushes or colors: a face that was mantled in joy.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
സ്ത്രീകളുടെ മേലങ്കി - Sthreekalude Melanki ;മറയ്ക്കുക - Maraykkuka ;സ്ത്രീകളുടെ അയഞ്ഞ മേല്വസ്ത്രം - Sthreekalude Ayanja Melvasthram ;മൂടുക - Mooduka ;ആവരണം - Aavaranam | avaranam ;മേലങ്കി - Melanki ;